~ Winners ~
Waterfront Communities, Community
Course Rankings & Community News
See What's New on the WaterViewHome Blog!
Stay and Play, Vacation & Discovery Packages
Waterview Home Rentals, Vacation Rentals
- Communities offering rental opportunities
Links to All WaterViewHome & GolfCourseHome Network Member Websites
The 2011-2012 GCH Dream 18 -
Best Residential Golf Holes
2011-2012 GCH Network's "Best of the Best" Community
Do You Want in Your WaterView Home?
15 Questions You Must Answer First
Back to Top
Deals and Packages
Discovery Tours, Weekend Vacation
Packages, and More
Here are a few samples
of the many specials offered by WaterViewHome communities.
See them all on our new Deals page!!
Reynolds Plantation, GA and its Ritz-Carlton Lodge are set
to welcome families with “Summer Family Camp,” the
resort’s newest value-added vacation package. The
package is designed as a one-night stay for a family of four and
includes spacious, overnight accommodations with two
neighboring guestrooms, and breakfast for two adults and two children.
“Campers” also enjoy Family Golf in the Afternoon and unlimited
use of kayaks, canoes, fishing equipment and bicycles, allowing
for days of action-packed and fun-filled adventure.
Click here for more information about Reynolds Plantation!
See more specials like this on our new Deals page!
Back to Top
What Do You
Want in Your
15 Questions That Will Help You Find Out
by David Lott,
The first step in finding your perfect WaterView Home is to determine
what you want at the outset and then look for it.
Use the questionnaire below to help get you thinking about what’s
important in your community.
Circle your answers and use them as a template when you start looking at
1. The main reason you want to live in a WaterView community is:
- To sail/boat/fish as much golf as I can
- To make friends
- Not to sail/boat/fish, but to enjoy the WaterViews
- Because my spouse wants to live on on or near the water
- To be near my children and grandchildren
2. What kind of community do you want to belong:
A. Private, equity club
B. Private, no equity
3. How much can you afford?
A. Up to $250,000
B. Up to $500,000
C. Up to $750,000
D. Up to $1 million+
4. Where do you want to live, in general terms?
- Intracoastal Waterway
- Near a metro area
5. Where do you want to live within the community? Overlooking:
- Fairway or golf green
- Not on the water, but with a water view
- Just within the community, water view not critical
6. You’ve chosen one of the areas above, but you also want to want
to live within 30-45 minutes of one of the areas below. For example, you
want to live in/near a metro area, but want to be able to drive to the beach
within 30 minutes.
- International airport
7. In which region of the U.S. would you like to live?
- New England
- South Central
- Pacific Northwest
8. Do you want to be near:
- Cultural centers
- University town
- Health Care Facilities
- Shopping Centers
- Other golf courses
- My grandchildren/children/family
9. Amenities that are important check all that apply
- Marina/Boat Slips
- Deep Water Anchorage
- Yacht Club
- Racing Program for Adults/Youths
- Wilderness areas/Preservation areas
- Fly-fishing (on property or near by)
- Skiing (ski-in, ski-out, nearby)
- Golf practice facility
- Golf lessons/golf school
- Indoor swimming pool
- Outdoor Swimming pool
- Aquatic aerobics
- Personal trainers
- Spa/Massage/herbal wraps, etc.
- Aerobic classes
- Free weights
- Weight machines
- Walking trails
- Hiking trails
- Fine dining
- Well-stocked Wine cellar
- Card clubs (bridge, etc.)
- Instruction classes (cooking, bridge, flower arranging, etc.)
- Active club social calendar
- Club tournaments & events
- Inter-club golf/tennis play
11. The kind of home you want is
- Custom Home
- Patio Home
- Cluster Home
- Condominium (low-rise)
- Condominium (high-rise)
12. How many bedrooms
13. How many bathrooms
14. Circle other important home features:
- Hardwood floors
- Vaulted ceilings
- Golf Car garage
- Gourmet kitchen
15. How much can you afford to devote to water activities each year?
- Up to $2,500
- Up to $10,000
- Up to $20,000
- Up to $30,000
- Up to $40,000
Back to Top