Presented by Carolina Realty Group ~
Colleton River Plantation
Hilton Head Island,
Colleton River is set off from the rest of the world by a
preserve and is distinguished by its 36 holes of golf and
Colleton River Plantation is a strictly private,
country club community located only two miles from Hilton Head
Island’s bridge. Colleton River's
1,500 acres offers the lowest density of any Hilton Head
community and its owners enjoy its many pleasures in a serene
atmosphere surrounded by the Colleton and Chechessee rivers and
Lowcountry saltwater marshes.
Colleton River was named one of "America's 50 Greatest Golf Retreats,"
by the Golf Digest Index.
Since 1990 the Colleton River Plantation developers and owners
committed to maintaining the area’s unspoiled beauty. The
entrance road winds two and a half miles through the South
Carolina Nature Preserve and takes you a community that enjoys
more than a mile of deepwater on the Colleton River. It is
surrounded by the 1,700-acre South Carolina Nature Preserve
that is never to be developed and serves as a buffer to the
The Dye course clubhouse.
Above all, Colleton River Plantation offers an 18-hole Jack
Nicklaus Signature golf course, an 18-hole Pete Dye Signature
golf course, an “Augusta National-type” par-3 golf course, two
practice range facilities with target greens, Stan
Smith-designed tennis center and a community dock with access
to the Intracoastal Waterway and Atlantic Ocean.
Back to top
The Colleton River provides access to Port Royal Sound and
Residents are currently excited about the new Nicklaus clubhouse
which is nearing completion. When it opens this spring,
residents will be able to use one of the most complete and
state-of-the-art fitness centers along the coast.
include cardio-vascular equipment, weight and aerobic rooms,
massage and steam rooms and more. Best of all, the clubhouse
looks out over the golf course and the Colleton River, providing
stunning sunsets to view at the end of the day's activities.
The Pete Dye clubhouse is noted for its large
verandas which overlook 11 of the 18 holes of the Pete Dye golf
course and the Port Royal Sound, which leads to the Atlantic
Ocean. The clubhouse features a golf shop, spacious men’s and
women’s attended locker rooms, lounge and mixed grill, library
and formal dining room.
A major benefit to residents at Colleton River
Plantation is that membership is included to both golf courses
and their clubhouses, when you purchase property within
An evening boat ride is a great way to end the day.
Back to top
Savannah, 45 minutes
Hilton Head Island commuter
For a Location Map, click
Awards & Honors
- Ranked in "Top 100 Best Residential Golf Course in
America," by Golfweek magazine, 2006, 2007
- Named one of "America's Top 100 Golf Communities," by
Travel+Leisure Golf magazine, 2006
- Named a "Top 25 Private Golf Community," by Luxury Golf &
Travel magazine, 2006
- Named a "Premier Property," by Links magazine, 2006-07
- Named "America's 50 Greatest Golf Retreats," by Golf Digest Index, 2006-'07
- Names one of "6 Great Places to Retire," by Tennis magazine, 2006
- Named one of "America's Top 100 Golf Communities," by Travel + Leisure Golf,
- Nicklaus Course, awarded "Best New Remodel," by
Golf Digest, 2006
- Named to "America's Top 100 Residential Courses, by Golfweek
Sample multi-million-dollar home.
Amenities: Colleton River
- Private, 24-hour security, staffed guardhouse
- 18-hole, Nicklaus Signature golf course
- 18-hole, Pete Dye Signature golf course
- Par-3, “Augusta National-type” golf course
- Two practice range facilities with target greens
- Jack Nicklaus Clubhouse
- Under Construction with preliminary features
- Views overlooking the 4 finishing holes of the Nicklaus course and Colleton
- Complete Fitness Center
Back to top
- Pete Dye Clubhouse
- Golf shop, men’s & women’s attended locker rooms
- Lounge, mixed grill, library,
formal dining room
- Large verandas overlooking golf and the Port Royal Sound
- Stan Smith-designed Tennis Center
- 5 Har-Tru courts, Pro shop, pavilion
- Junior Olympic-sized swimming pool and pool house
- 6,000 square foot state-of-the-art fitness center
- Cardio theatre, free weights, Cybex circuit training
room and day spa
- Community deepwater dock with access to the Intracoastal Waterway and Atlantic
- Multi-purpose fitness/nature paths, walking and biking trails
- Architectural Review Board to ensure quality assurance and excellence
Colleton River Plantation, SC
Home currently for sale.
lagoon, marsh and water views, from $230,000 to $2.3
Sample luxury home.
Visit the Colleton River
Luxury Homes, from $900,000 to $4 million+
For More Information: Call
Back to top
Location Map, Colleton
Colleton River is located just
north and west of Hilton Head Island and east of Bluffton.
Back to top