Send Me More Information about Daniel Island Today!
Charleston, South Carolina
Enjoy a wonderful, active island lifestyle at Daniel Island, while
being able to take advantage of the elegant city of Charleston nearby.
Located within the City of Charleston, Daniel Island offers 23 miles of rivers and creeks, a variety of traditional neighborhoods, a private country club with golf courses by Tom Fazio and Rees Jones, parks, trails, shops, restaurants, schools, churches and more.
Daniel Island offers Tom Fazio and Rees Jones championship golf.
For a Location Map, click here
Awards & Honors
- Received the Urban Land Institute's prestigious "Awards for Excellence," 2007
- Earned Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary status
- Named one of "America's Top 100 Golf Communities," by Travel+Leisure Golf magazine, 2006
- Named "One of America's 100 Best Master-Planned Communities," by Where to Retire magazine, 2005, 2007, 2013, 2015
- Ralston Creek Course, named a "Top Ten Best New Private Course in the U.S.," by Golf Digest magazine
Aerial shot of the 18-hole, Tom Fazio-designed Beresford Creek course.
Amenities: Daniel Island, SC
Daniel Island Club (private country club):
- 18-hole Tom Fazio-designed Beresford Creek course (7,093 yards, par-72)
- 18-hole Rees Jones-designed Ralston Creek course (7,446 yards, par-72)
- Golf Learning Center
- Casual and fine dining rooms offering indoor & outdoor seating
- Ballroom and banquet facilities
- Expansive Men’s and Ladies’ Locker Room Lounges
- Golf Shop
- Private Board Room
- Croquet & bocce courts
- Clubhouse Cottages available for overnight guests
- Park Club:
- Two resort-style swimming pools
- 11 tennis courts and Tennis Pavilion with pro shop
- State-of-the-art fitness center expanding in 2016
- Massage therapy, personal training
- Outdoor cabana bar and poolside dining
Other Health & Wellness Amenities:
- 17-court tennis center with stadium court and clubhouse (home of the Volvo Car Open, formerly the Family Circle Cup)
- Professional soccer stadium
- 23 miles of rivers and creeks
- Community boat ramps, public and private boat docks, crabbing docks
- 400 acres of parks and open greenspace
- 20+ miles of walking and bicycle trails
- Crossfit, karate & dance studios
- Diverse selection of shops and restaurants
- Medical offices
- Banks, dry cleaners, beauty salons and other services and conveniences
- Three schools
- Two churches
- Apartments, condominiums & assisted living facility
Real Estate Opportunities
Daniel Island's traditional neighborhoods feature Southern-style homes, townhomes and condominiums in a variety of sizes and styles priced from the $100,000s. In Daniel Island Park, the island's country club neighborhood, gracious custom homes situated on and around the golf courses, marsh and winding creeks are priced from the $700,000s to more than $5 million. Homesites in select neighborhoods are also available, offering a wide range of views starting at $175,000.
Residents in this neighborhood automatically become social members of the Daniel Island Club and enjoy access to many of the Club’s social and recreational offerings.
Residents who elect to become golf members of the club also enjoy access to the club’s outstanding courses. Homes in this neighborhood range from the $800,000s to more than $6 million. Homesites with water, marsh, golf, park and interior views start in the $300,000s.
Real Estate Highlights
- Homes from the $300,000s; golf neighborhood homes from the $800,000s to $5 million
- Townhomes and condominiums from the $100,000s to $1 million+
- Homesites with water, marsh, golf, park and interior views from the $100,000s
- Mitchell Wharf Wando River homesites from the $900,000s
Back to top
For Real Estate Information: Call 1-800-958-5635
Charleston's Island Town
Located within the city of Charleston, Daniel Island enjoys a special relationship with this historic Southern seaport. The island's central location places it within close proximity to Charleston's top attractions and conveniences: The downtown historic district, world-famous restaurants and diverse shopping, antebellum plantations and the area's Atlantic beaches. Major hospitals, several colleges and universities and the International Airport are also within a 20-minute drive of Daniel Island.
Known internationally as a top place to visit, Charleston has received numerous awards and accolades and was named both the "Top City in North America: and the "Top International Travel Destination" in Conde Nast Traveler's 2012 Readers' Choice Awards.
Shops, restaurants and businesses line the streets of downtown Daniel Island.
A part of the city of Charleston, Daniel Island enjoys a special relationship with this great Southern city. Its restaurants, shopping and cultural attractions are within a short drive. Also within minutes are area beaches, historic plantations, medical facilities and the airport.
The Daniel Island Club
Located on the northern end of the island in a special neighborhood called Daniel Island Park, the island's private in-town country club offers members and their guests a unique private club experience.
A boardwalk leads residents through natural marshes and tall grasses.
The Daniel Island Club's nationally ranked Tom Fazio golf course features a 7,093-yard, par-72 layout that traverses marsh, creeks and waterways. A second 7,446-yard, par-72 layout designed by Rees Jones opened in April 2006 and was ranked among the country's "Top 10 Best New Private" courses by Golf Digest. The Daniel Island Club is the country's only private pairing of courses by Fazio and Jones playing out of the same clubhouse.
The clubhouse is a central spot for relaxing and engaging in a range of activities.
The spectacular clubhouse offers indoor and outdoor dining and banquet facilities, and the Park Club, the club's swim, tennis and fitness facility, is a wonderful setting for relaxation and recreation.
The Daniel Island Club is also home to a comprehensive golf learning center led by former PGA professional Ron Cerrudo. With an expansive practice area, video swing analysis technology and a team of professional instructors, this facility is difficult to match.
Sports and Recreation
All Daniel Island residents have access to a world-class waterfront tennis center. Located in a park on the banks of the Wando River, the Family Circle Tennis Center features 17 courts, a clubhouse, fitness facility and a pro shop.
Each spring, the internationally televised Family Circle Cup women's tennis tournament is played here and showcases stars such as Jennifer Capriati, Serena Williams, Monica Seles and Martina Hingis. The island is also home to Blackbaud Stadium, a professional soccer stadium that is home to the Charleston Battery.
Many homes have waterfront views and easy access to water activities.
Island residents also enjoy a variety of outdoor recreational activities, including fishing, crabbing and boating on more than 23 miles of winding rivers and creeks, walking, bicycling and jogging along more than ten miles of leisure trails. The island is also home to a nature preserve and over 400 acres of parks.
Residents can walk, swim, boat and bike their way through trails and parks.
Back to top
Real Estate Opportunities
Daniel Island’s traditional neighborhoods and urban downtown collectively offer a wide range of residential options, including Southern-style homes, townhomes and condominiums in a variety of sizes and styles priced from the mid-$100,000s.
Real Estate Highlights:
- Single-family homes from the mid-$400,000s; golf neighborhood homes from the $800,000s to $5 million+
- Townhomes and condominiums from the mid-$100,000s to $1 million+
- Homesites with water, marsh, golf, park and interior views from the $200,000s
- Exclusive golf neighborhood homesites representing among the best and last properties on Daniel Island to be offered in 2016
Homes begin in the $300,000s.
Residents in this neighborhood automatically become social members of the Daniel Island Club and enjoy access to many of the Club's social and recreational offerings.
Residents who elect to become golf members of the club also enjoy access to the club's outstanding courses. Homes in this neighborhood range from the $800,000s to more than $6 million. Homesites with water, marsh, golf, park and interior views start in the $300,000s.
For More Information
For more information or to schedule a visit to Daniel Island, call Call 1-800-958-5635, or 843-971-7100. Or, visit the Daniel Island Web site at www.danielisland.com.
Back to top
Location Maps, Daniel Island, SC
Obtain the Property Report by Federal Law and read it before signing anything. No Federal Agency has judged the merits or value, if any, of this property. This offering is not available to residents of states where prohibited.
Back to top
About the Area
Daniel Island is part of the world-famous city of Charleston, named by Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure as the country’s top travel destination for consecutive years. The island’s central location places it within close proximity to Charleston’s top attractions and conveniences:
- Historic downtown Charleston (just 20 miles away)
- World-famous restaurants and diverse shopping
- Cultural delights: theater, dance, music, art galleries, museums & historic architecture
- Antebellum plantations
- Atlantic beaches: Isle of Palms, Sullivan’s Island and Folly Beach
- Major hospitals, several colleges and universities
- Charleston International Airport (less than 10 miles away)
Back to top