Send Me More
Information about Oldfield Today!
Okatie, South Carolina
| Set along the Lowcountry's Okatie River, Oldfield sprawls across
800 acres of landscaped grounds and Greg Norman designed golf
Convenient to Beaufort, Hilton Head Island and Savannah, Oldfield is a private, gated golf community that overlooks a spectacular horseshoe bend in the Okatie River deep in South Carolina's legendary Lowcountry. Its 800 acres overflow with the magnificent moss-draped live oaks and dramatic marsh vistas for which this area is known.
Enjoy broad views from the Oldfield grounds.
Oldfield is truly unique in the area, its residents are quick to point out. Not only is the community home to the first Greg Norman golf course in the Lowcountry, but Oldfield is also set apart by the recreation offered on the Okatie River. In addition, traditional Lowcountry architecture and a sincere dedication to Southern hospitality and service create a warm inviting atmosphere.
The River House offers gourmet dining.
Just inside the community gate, The Greeter's Store is a natural gathering place for owners. Residents will stop here to pick up their mail, buy a loaf of bread or enjoy an ice cream cone. The Greeter's Store is a genuine step back in time, complete with rocking chairs, RC Colas and Moon Pies.
Golf by Greg Norman
Oldfield offers the first and only Greg Norman golf course in the Lowcountry. The course winds across broad savannas of broomgrass and palmetto up to the expansive marshes of the Okatie River. With five sets of tees, Oldfield is highly playable as well as scenic for all skill levels.
The Greg Norman course winds through marshes and water scenes.
An important benefit at Oldfield is that golf membership is optional–the perfect flexibility for families that may have only one golfer.
Oldfield's porches are a relaxing gathering spot.
Members can enjoy expansive views of the golf course from the glass and screened porches of the 13,000-sq.-ft. clubhouse which also features men's and ladies locker rooms, card rooms, bar and grill, private dining area and formal dining area.
The 13,000-sf clubhouse is an active spot for dining, events and fitness.
Back to top
Activity on the water can be a part of everyday life, and all residents share in the rare and beautiful resource that is the Okatie River. At the Outfitters Center, for example, the Oldfield River Pro leads residents in sea kayaking, shrimping, canoeing and fly-fishing. Community docks, boat storage and concierge boat service in and out make the boating experience fun and carefree.
Launch into the Okatie River for fishing, swimming and more.
Equestrian Center & Trails
Oldfield's comprehensive trail system winds throughout the property, affording a great opportunity to experience nature while walking, running or biking. Children and grown-ups alike can learn about the area’s fascinating flora and fauna at the Nature Lab and Library with the help of Oldfield’s on-site naturalist.
Oldfield's Equestrian Center is a top-notch boarding and horse care facility. It provides members and guests with the opportunity to enjoy equestrian activities by providing lessons, trail rides, pony rides, camps and other equestrian activities in a safe environment. In addition, there are a variety of summer equestrian camps for young riders from 4 to 7 and eight and up.
Oldfield's full-service equestrian center offers boarding, lessons and rides.
New to Oldfield–Arrowhead Lake
The Arrowhead Lake area is the newest addition to Oldfield. The architecture artfully reflects Lowcountry history and culture, creating a timeless charm that is one of the signatures of life at Oldfield.
In the initial phase, there will be cottages ranging from 1,800 to 2,200 sf of living space, plus some larger homes as well. Special collection features include metal roof, heart pine flooring and fine details with an eye to the past. Modern conveniences, contemporary floor plans and a quiet setting will help make this new collection of homes a favorite residential area within Oldfield.
The focal point of Arrowhead is the Arrowhead Lakeside Pavilion. A delightful gathering space for oyster roasts, catching up with friends, fishing and fireside conversations, it features indoor and outdoor fireplaces with an extensive deck and long dock extending out to the lake.
Back to top
- Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport, 32 miles
- Hilton Head Airport, 22 miles
- Charleston, 1.5 hours away
For a Location Map, click here About the Area, click here
For Real Estate Information, click here
For Discovery Package Information, click here
Awards & Honors
- Named a Green Golf Community, ‘Steward Level,’ by GolfCourseHome® Network, 2008
- Greg Norman Golf Course, Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary, 2006
- Named an "America’s Top 100 Master Planned Community" by Where to Retire Magazine, 2005
- First inaugural "Neighborhood for Nature" award, from Audubon International
The pool complex includes outdoor and indoor pools.
Back to top
Amenities: Oldfield, SC
- 18-hole, championship golf course designed by Greg Norman, 5 sets of tees
- Golf Clubhouse with
- Men’s, ladies locker rooms, card rooms
- Bar & grill, private dining area, formal dining area
- Glass and screened porches
- Sports Club with:
- Fitness center, locker rooms
- Six lighted tennis courts, pro shop
- Outdoor pool, heated lap pool
- Massage therapy room
- Personal trainer, aerobics room, cardio and strength training machines
- Saunas, steam rooms, outdoor spa
- Children’s playground, picnic areas, snack and juice bar
- Kayaks and canoes for exploring Goose Lake
- Gazebo with dock
- Comprehensive trail system for walking, running and biking
- Community docks
- Historic River House, featuring Member’s Bar and gourmet dining
- Outfitters Center provides easy access to fishing, kayaking, crabbing, shrimping & fly-fishing
- Resident river pro and naturalist
- 24-hour manned gate
Enjoy a game on any of the six tennis courts.
Back to top
Real Estate: Oldfield, SC
- Homes, priced from $500,000 to $2 million+
- Village Homes and Arrowhead Cottages, priced from $380,000 to $550,000
- Golf Cottages, priced from $475,000 to $525,000
- Lots (homesites), priced from $40,000 to $500,000
- Lot sizes from .5-1.0 acre
Homes begin in the high-$300,000s.
For More Information
For more information about Oldfield, call 843-368-5549.
Or visit the Oldfield website at www.hiltonheadarealuxuryhomes.com/bluffton-real-estate-and-communities/oldfield.
Back to top
Discovery Package information
Come visit Oldfield private golf and amenity community on a Discovery Package and learn about the Lowcountry life! Package is for two people who will stay in either a River Cottage or Carriage Home. See all the details below:
The Discovery Package includes access to the fitness center.
Oldfield Discovery Package
- Accommodations either a River Cottage or Carriage Home
- Lunch for two at Magnolia Grille or diner at the River Club
- One round of golf for two
- River cruise for two with Oldfield River Pro
- Complimentary access to The Sports Club, Equestrian Center, Outfitter’s Center
- Use of kayaks and bicycles
- VIP community tour with Realtor
- Cost: $199/night
For more information, contact Darle Booher, Realtor, at 843-368-5549.
Back to top
Location Map: Oldfield, SC
Back to top
About the Area
Nearby Beaufort, Hilton Head Island and Historic Savannah
Oldfield residents can explore an almost endless supply of arts, shopping and entertainment venues in neighboring communities. Easy access is available to excellent medical facilities, as well as interstates and air travel. The Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport and Hilton Head Airport are less than 30 minutes from Oldfield.
Historic Beaufort, which dates back to 16th Century French, Spanish and Scottish explorers, is known for its natural beauty and rich history. You can take a stroll through the historic "Point" neighborhood, explore the small boutiques, galleries, and cafés, and spend a leisurely afternoon in Waterfront Park. The Beaufort Chamber Orchestra and the Beaufort’s seasonal outdoor festivals are also popular activities.
Hilton Head Island
Hilton Head Island is just 13 miles from Oldfield and is a haven for golfers, beach enthusiasts and shoppers. With nearby Bluffton, the Hilton Head area offers more than 35 shopping plazas featuring an array of stores that appeal to different tastes and styles.
And Savannah, GA, with its world-renowned architecture and unmistakable atmosphere, is a 40-mile drive from Oldfield.
Back to top