Send Me More
Information about The Islands of River Wilderness!
The Islands of River Wilderness
| Enjoy a Florida country club lifestyle with championship golf,
dining, swimming and numerous boating opportunities.
The Islands of River Wilderness is a new private waterfront community set on a 225-acre secluded island in the heart of the beautiful Florida Gulf Coast. The Islands features premier waterfront homes and homesites with views of natural preserves, harbors, lakes and the tranquil waters of the Manatee River.
Homeowners enjoy tranquil views and many have their own docks.
A gated community, The Islands caters to nature lovers, golfers and boaters alike. Of the 178 homesites within the community, 157 offer private docks behind each residence, eliminating the inconvenience of boatlifts while providing direct access to the Manatee River and Gulf of Mexico.
The Islands of River Wilderness is set on a quiet 225-acre island.
In developing The Islands, great care was taken to create uncompromised facilities for living while maintaining the natural environment. An important part of the community’s mission is to provide good stewardship for the land while enhancing the quality of life for both residents and wildlife.
Hundreds of acres of land, including an adjacent island, are protected with conservation easements. And boardwalks and nature trails course through the community so that residents can easily and safely interact with its special environment.
Golf & Country Club
Residents of The Islands have the option to become members at the Golf & Country Club–one of the area’s most exclusive clubs. Rated among the Top 50 Florida courses by Florida Golfer magazine, the club’s championship golf course is part of the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary System, and blends the property’s natural beauty with an abundance of wildlife.
The Ted McAnlis course features many renovations.
A par 72 test, it was designed by renowned golf course architect Ted McAnlis and measures more than 7,000 yards from the back tees. Recent improvements include an extensive renovation and installation of all new TifEagle™ greens.
Back to top
Additional club amenities include tennis courts, a state-of-the-art fitness center, a Junior Olympic-sized swimming pool with cabana area and an elegant restaurant, lounge and banquet facilities.
Overlooking the Manatee River, the Island Club serves as a community meeting place for waterfront gatherings and includes boat docks for guests, as well as launch sites and kayak facilities.
River Wilderness Golf & Country Club
Country club facilities include swimming, golf and tennis.
A variety of golf, fitness and social memberships are available at the River Wilderness Golf & Country Club. Optional charter membership to the River Wilderness Golf & Country Club includes unlimited golf with no greens fees, summer reciprocal golf privileges, priority club reservations and the use of all club facilities: golf, tennis fitness center, pool and clubhouse.
Boating is easy with access to the harbour system and Gulf of Mexico.
Recreational boaters living in The Islands enjoy direct access to the Manatee River and the Gulf of Mexico, as well as an internal harbor system that connects directly to the river without the need of a lift system.
An ideal base for angling enthusiasts, the waters of Manatee County are renowned as fertile fishing grounds, teeming with pompano, flounder, and redfish, while grouper, tarpon, mackerel and kingfish abound in the Gulf waters.
Back to top
- Sarasota Bradenton International Airport
- Tampa International Airport
For a Location Map, click here About the Area, click here
For Real Estate Information, click here
For Discovery Package Information, click here
Awards & Honors
- Certified Wildlife Habitat, by National Wildlife Federation
- Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary System Member
- Golf course named to Top 50 Courses in Florida list, by Florida Golfer Magazine
Back to top
Amenities: The Islands of River Wilderness, FL
- Private, gated golf and waterfront community
- River Wilderness Country Club
- Championship golf course designed by Ted McAnlis
- 18 hole, par 72, measuring more than 7,000 yards from the back tees
- All new TifEagle™ greens
- Driving range, chipping putting, sand bunker areas, 19th hole practice hole
- Pro Shop
- 3,800 sf Fitness & Tennis Complex
- 4 Har-Tru tennis courts, lighted
- USPTA professional, instruction programs for all ages, private and group
- Weight equipment, treadmills, cross-trainers, stairmasters
- Stationary bicycles, free weights, rowing machines
- Junior Olympic-sized swimming pool
- Cabana area, elegant restaurant
- Lounge and banquet facilities
- Charter Memberships strictly limited to 300 memberships
- Planned River House (2015)
- Boat docks for guests
- Fire pits, barbecues, bocce ball court and kayak launch
- Indoor and outdoor seating areas overlook the Manatee River
Back to top
Homes are constructed by local luxury builders.
Real Estate: The Islands of River Wilderness, FL
- Up to one acre in size
- Panoramic views of the Manatee River, harbors, lakes and nature preserves
- Priced from the mid-$100,000s to over $600,000
- Select from fine Southwest Florida luxury homebuilders
- Arthur Rutenberg Homes and John Cannon Homes
- Each offers beautifully furnished models
- Priced from the mid-$500,000s to over $2 million
Homes are priced from the $500,000s.
For More Information
For more information about The Islands of River Wilderness, call 866-678-4004.
Or visit the Islands of River Wilderness website at www.theislandsofrw.com.
Back to top
The Islands Discovery Visit Package
Visit The Islands, a new private waterfront community, and sample Florida's unique coastal lifestyle firsthand. Take advantugc of this special Discovery Package , available exclusively to VIP lslands guests.
- During your visit, a knowledgeable representative will provide you a tour by land and water of this unique community and its model homes
- Golf is available with unlimited access the day of your visit with reserved tee times and the opportunity to use the practice area and driving range with range balls. (VlP Rate for a round of golf for two–$50)
- Discounted lodging is also available
For a limited time, if you decide The Islands is the place to call home and purchase one of the community’s estate homesites, you will also receive a $1,000 Travel Reimbursement.
For More Information or to book a.Discovery Tour, call (866) 678-4004, or click on the Request More Information tab on the right.
*Golf tee times, reservations and hotel rates are subject to availability. Some restrictions may apply. Boat tour subject to availability and weather. Package and Travel Reimbursement available only to first-time visitors to the lsland. No obligation. Just come and see if The Islands is your place to call home.
Back to top
Location Map: The Islands of River Wilderness, FL
Back to top
About the Area
The Islands of River Wilderness is one of the premier new-home communities on Florida’s Suncoast–the central and southwest coast of Florida that borders the Gulf of Mexico.
With a mild year-round climate, Manatee County is best known for its Gulf beaches and laid-back Florida lifestyle. The area is home to a multitude of parks, recreation areas and public beaches and is the spring training home of the Pittsburgh Pirates baseball team. Cultural pursuits include live theater, a vibrant arts district, ballet, concerts and an acclaimed art museum.
The Islands of River Wilderness is only minutes from many of the beaches centered around The Gulf, and is within convenient driving distance to cities such as Sarasota, Lakewood Ranch, Bradenton, St. Petersburg, Tampa and many other desirable Florida destinations.
Residents have easy access to three major hospitals as well as a wide range of public health-care services and privately operated walk-in clinics.
Back to top