There’s something special about the lake and mountains. Serene. Peaceful. Transforming. Tucked away in the Blue Ridge foothills just 30 minutes north of Atlanta, welcome to Lake Arrowhead–destined to be the finest mountain, lake and golfing community in the Southeast.
The focal point of this lakeside community is a crystal-clear 540-acre lake surrounded by mountains, pristine wilderness and trails.
The community’s array of first-class amenities includes Lake Arrowhead Yacht & Country Club, with its classic 18-hole golf course and extensive boating facilities. Send me more information about Lake Arrowhead!
Sanctuary Cove neighborhood tucked quietly away lakeside.
Golf & Waterfront Lifestyle
The Veranda of the Lake Arrowhead Yacht and Country Club offers property owners and guests a place to enjoy the gentle mountain breezes and expansive vistas while playing our 18 hole championship Highlands Golf Course. This challenging Mountain course is considered one of the best golf courses in Georgia.
Carved into the beautiful North Georgia mountain landscape with our pristine 540-acre stream-fed lake, The Highlands Course was named the “Best Golf Course in Cherokee County ” by Cherokee Life Magazine.
Owners and guests enjoy a fully stocked Pro Shop and our Chef Inspired Dining Menu at the Highland Grill. The Highlands Course is open for daily play and we invite you to visit to tour the club or sign up for one of our world class PGA Professional Instructor clinics.
And the excitement in golf living has just begun as Lake Arrowhead will be offering Golf Villas for their New Discovery Stay and Play Packages coming Fall 2020. Send me more information about Lake Arrowhead!
Lake Arrowhead Boating & Much More
Exploring the area via water is a way of life here.
Property owners and guests enjoy the gentle mountain breezes and serenity Lake Arrowhead offers. Owners adore the Boating Club, and take advantage of the expansive Kayak Rentals and Storage.
This beautiful and unique location offers the community Lakeside Park where Family picnics and summer swimming in the lake can be a joyful time for family and friends.
Owners frequently enjoy the Skippered Deluxe Pontoon Lake Cruises as well as Couples Sailing Trips and Sunset Cruises on Lake Arrowhead. Global Captained sailing trips and boat charters are also available.
Lake Arrowhead instructors are ASA Certified and the facility has had an ASA Certification since 1983. Send me more information about Lake Arrowhead!
Sustainability and Respect for Nature
Residents take time to enjoy the lake’s quiet beauty.
To ensure the beauty and environmental integrity of this 8,000-acre enclave, many protective practices are followed, such as controlled motorboat use on the lake.
Other important programs include use of natural mulch along hiking trails and roadways, use of a well-fed water system and native vegetation landscaping around new homes with limited use of sod and no invasive plants permitted. Send me more information about Lake Arrowhead!
Lake Arrowhead offers an array of choices in new home design and features three award-winning builders, Majestic Lifestyle Builders, Rezide Properties, and DR Horton.
The community showcase homes are move-in ready, with $3,500 in closing costs available to qualifying buyers who work with the community Preferred Lenders.
Two professionally furnished model homes, and Information Center located across from the Lake are open daily–Monday through Saturday, 10 to 5, and Sunday from noon to 5, or by appointment.
Johnson Development who has more top-selling communities than any developer in America is at the helm of Lake Arrowhead, with their award-winning Atlanta-based home building company, Majestic Lifestyle Builders. Send me more information about Lake Arrowhead!
Sample home at Lake Arrowhead: Note the water view.
- Residential construction exclusively by award-winning Majestic Lifestyle Builders
- Single-family ranch style homes
- The Woodlands homes starting in high $200,000’s
- Highlands Vista homes starting in the low $300,000’s
- Park Overlook Master on the Main Town homes starting in the low $300,000’s
- Sanctuary Cove
- Expansive lakeside panoramic views
- Lakeside park
- Optional deep water docks
- Homesites range from $60,000 to $300,000
- Homes priced from high-$300,000’s to low-$900,000s
- Single-family attached townhomes
- Golf Villas fom the low-$400,000s
- Marina Lake Villas from the mid-$400,000s
- Premier Homesites
- Views include lakefront, lake, mountain and interior
- Homesites from the mid-$50,000s to the high-$200,000s
- Golf Villas for Stay and Play rental
- See Current Homes for Sale on the Lake Arrowhead website
- Send me more information about Lake Arrowhead!
- 8,000-acre community devoted to sustainability and a fulfilling lifestyle
- 24-hour gated access
- 18-hole championship Highland golf course measuring 7,100 yards
- Complete golf practice facilities
- Full-length driving range
- 10,000-sf clubhouse with indoor and outdoor dining
- Marina with boat rentals and sailing lessons
- Dry storage
- Five new floating boat slips run parallel to shore – constructed where pier branches off from walkway to Marina Pavilion
- Marina Pavilion
- 2 -story pavilion anchored in the lake, with walkway to the marina
- Seasonal lakeside events
Lake Arrowhead covers more than 540 acres.
- 40-acre Great Festival Park with Junior Olympic-size pool
- Basketball, volleyball, playground and pavilion
- Red Cloud Park
- Swim and tennis facilities
- Pickleball courts
- Sport court under construction, with variety of sport uses including basketball
- New tennis backboard to practice game, independent of workout partner
- 540-acre freshwater lake
- New fishing pier at end of Flat Rock Trail
- 8-plus miles of hiking and jogging trails
- New hiking trail – Cherokee Loop Trail
- Fitness classes
- Year-round activities
- Community library
- Send me more information about Lake Arrowhead!
Lake Arrowhead & its amenities are an easy drive from Atlanta.
Lake Arrowhead is located in the mountainous northwestern section of historic Cherokee County, an easy drive from Atlanta.
In the community’s hometown of Waleska, there are quaint shops, antique venues, chef-inspired restaurants and beautiful parks. Send me more information about Lake Arrowhead!
Scenic Views & Culture
Touring the area, you’ll encounter scenic views of Blue Ridge foothills and the Etowah River, which flows through the nearby city of Canton. Here you’ll discover enjoyable dining, shopping, entertainment and culture.
Enjoy Broadway productions at the recently renovated Canton Theatre and shop for specialty items along Riverstone Parkway in Canton.
The Cherokee Arts Center is a vibrant and diverse cultural center. Stroll the gallery celebrating local and regional artists, enjoy a variety of musical and theatrical performances or learn a new skill by partaking of the array of classes for children and adults.
The Lake Arrowhead community is also in close proximity of the new state-of-the-art Northside Cherokee Hospital, the new Wellstar Health Campus scheduled to open in 2019 and the Falany Performing Arts Center at renowned Reinhardt University. Send me more information about Lake Arrowhead!
Top Notch Services, Amenities
Lake Arrowhead is in close proximity to the state of the art Northside Cherokee Hospital, Wellstar Health Campus, downtown Canton and Reinhardt University.
Awards & Honors
- Community Honored with the OBIE Award for Homebuilding Excellence
- Named a Gold Award Winning Community of the Year
- Honored with Gold and Silver Awards for Excellence in Homebuilding
- Highlands Course named Best Course in Cherokee County, by Cherokee Life Magazine
Stay in the recently finished luxury Golf Villa.
Lake Arrowhead is offering a new Discovery package in which you can Stay & Play in its newly constructed, luxury Golf Villa.
Guests will be presented with a 15-minute overview of Lake Arrowhead and a New Home Specialist-led tour of model homes. Send me more information about the Lake Arrowhead Discovery Stay and Play!
Lake Arrowhead Discovery Stay & Play Details
- Visit for 3 days/2 nights (minimum)
- Stay in the newly constructed, luxury Golf Villa
- View a 15-minute overview of Lake Arrowhead
- Take a New-Home-Specialist-led tour of model homes
- Receive 10% off dining (excluding alcohol), boat rentals and golf
- Access the many resort-style amenities, including:
- Tennis, pickleball, bocce ball, basketball, hiking trails, pools (seasonally)
- Fishing pier, Great Festival Park and more
- Cost Weekdays: from $169/night*
- Cost Weekends: from $199/night*
- Send me more information about the Lake Arrowhead Discovery Stay and Play!
To Make Your Reservation, either call 770-721-7900, or click this link: Send me more information about the Lake Arrowhead Discovery Stay and Play!
Please note: Rates are based on a minimum 2-night stay, double occupancy. Additional guests are $35 per person/per night up to 4 additional guests. The single-night rate for weekdays & weekends is $229, double occupancy. Information is believed accurate but not warranted and is subject to changes, omissions, errors and withdrawal without notice.
The Highlands Course–A Top Georgia Course
The Highlands Course is a top-ranked Georgia layout.
The championship Highlands Course is considered one of the best golf courses in Georgia. It was named the ‘Best Golf Course in Cherokee County in 2010’ by Cherokee Life Magazine.
The Highlands Course measures over 7,100 yards from the tips and features full-service practice facilities including a driving range and chipping and putting greens.
The Highlands Course is the design of DJ DeVictor of Atlanta, GA who has designed golf course projects throughout the United States, St. Croix – US Virgin Islands, Mexico, and Turkey.
DeVictor has collaborated with many top PGA golf professionals and course designers including Jack Nicklaus, Larry Nelson, Davis Love III, Rees Jones, Fred Couples and others.
The Highlands Golf Course management is operated by HMS Golf of Atlanta, GA, and is open for daily play. Send me more information about Lake Arrowhead!
- Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport, 57 miles away
- Cherokee County Regional Airport, 25 miles away
- Pickens County Airport, 32 miles away